Stubborn stains, low water levels and cracks on the surface are all signs your pool needs to be resurfaced. But what exactly happens during pool resurfacing?
During pool resurfacing, a pool services company will drain the water and replace the top layer of the pool. Here’s a more detailed overview of the resurfacing process:
- Draining the pool – Pool maintenance pros will turn off the water inlet and use a pump to drain all the water. Depending on the type of pump used, the draining process could take several hours.
Important note: you should stop using chemicals in your pool a week before the scheduled resurfacing. This is to ensure that the water can safely drain into the environment.
- Preparing the surface – Once all the water has been drained, the old layer needs to be removed. Expect a lot of dirt and construction noise during this stage. To keep dust from settling on outdoor furniture, you should move patio chairs and tables as well as plant pots away from the pool.
- Installing the tiles – Tile installation may take up to three days. To find out which kind type of tile is best suited to the local climate, you can consult a pool decking and installation contractor.
- Plumbing installation and sealing – Contractors will then install the plumbing lines and sealing. To check if the pool surface is watertight, they might wash the pool and fill it with water.
- Pool finish and acid wash – Some pool finishes – like a quartz and pebble finish – will require acid washes after the installation.
- Debris cleanup and water treatment – Before refilling the pool with water, contractors will remove the construction waste. After, the water should be treated to make sure it’s safe for swimming.
How Long Does the Resurfacing Process Take?
The multi-step resurfacing process usually takes about 9 to 14 days, although this might vary depending on the damage to the pool, its size and the general weather conditions. To learn more about the pool resurfacing process, consult a local pool company.
Pool and Patio Pros offers a wide range of professional pool cleaning, repair and resurfacing services. To request a free estimate, give us a call, or text us, at (480) 555-9930 or fill out our contact form to get in touch with us.